Get information on parent education events, community outreach projects, and special visits/performances going on at the Family Resource Center.
Check back soon for more upcoming parent education events!
The Children’s Center is committed to making a positive difference in the lives of all children in our greater community. In a typical year, we strive to participate in 4–5 philanthropic activities that will be meaningful and approachable for the preschoolers. We believe that nurturing community service is an important and fundamental value for all children. In recent years, we participated in the following activities:
• Project Night Night — We collected gently used and new books to help support children in shelters.
• Community Services Agency — We collected over 400lbs of food during our Halloween Hoot Festivities. We have also supported CSA with our "Socktober" sock drive to assist homeless people.
• Ecumenical Hunger Program in East Palo Alto — During the holidays we collected new pairs of pajamas to help make some children's Christmases a bit more magical.
• There With Care — We collected thousands of diapers to support families with critically ill children.
• In the Spring we collected books for Help One Child & The Creative Montessori Learning Center of East Palo Alto.
Special Visits & Performances
Here at the Children’s Center we strive to make each day colorful and fun! To meet this goal, we delight in scheduling special events for the preschoolers. Some of our favorite special events have included:
• Interactive Author Visits — Such as Christie Matheson, the author of Touch the Magic Tree and Touch the Brightest Star
• Jump Rope Performers — Our preschoolers were literally jumping with joy as they watched the Stanford Jump Rope Team perform their amazing jump rope feats!
• Special Dance Performances — Greene School of Irish Dance on St. Patrick's Day and a Cinco de Mayo performance by the Los Altos High School’s Latino Student Union Dancers. What a blessing to experience music and dancing from different cultures!
• An amazing Bubble Performance — by Sterling Johnson, The Bubblesmith
If you have questions about an event, contact email@example.com.