Get information on parent education events, community outreach projects, and special visits/performances going on at the Family Resource Center. Here's what's on the horizon...
The Children's Center is closed for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year. Please check back in August.
The Children’s Center is committed to making a positive difference in the lives of all children in our greater community. We strive to participate in 4–5 philanthropic activities per school year that will be meaningful and approachable for the preschoolers. We believe that nurturing community service is an important and fundamental value for all children. In recent years, we participated in the following activities:
• Project Night Night — We collected gently used and new books to help support children in shelters.
• Community Services Agency — We collected over 400lbs of food during our Halloween Hoot Festivities.
• Head Start in Mountain View — We collected a new pair of PJ's and a stuffed animal for every child in their program to help make their Christmas a bit more magical. Plus, winter coats, boots, hats, scarves and gloves for Head Start Families.
• In the Spring we collected books for Help One Child & The Creative Montessori Learning Center of East Palo Alto.
Here at the Children’s Center we strive to make each day colorful and fun! To meet this goal, we delight in scheduling special events for the preschoolers. Some of our favorite special events have included:
• Interactive Author Visits — Such as Christie Matheson, the author of Touch the Magic Tree and Touch the Brightest Star
• Jump Rope Performers — Our preschoolers were literally jumping with joy as they watched the Stanford Jump Rope Team perform their amazing jump rope feats!
• Special Dance Performances — Greene School of Irish Dance on St. Patrick's Day and a Cinco de Mayo performance by the Los Altos High School’s Latino Student Union Dancers. What a blessing to experience music and dancing from different cultures!
• An amazing Bubble Performance — by Sterling Johnson, The Bubblesmith
If you have questions about an event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.